Purpose of this Notice
Our company is committed to respecting the privacy of our policyholders and clients. Title V of the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) and the laws of the State of Florida generally prohibit us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a third party unless we provide you with this notice of our privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom that information may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA and the laws of Florida, we are providing you with this policy, which notifies you of the privacy practices of our company.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
I. Information we collect and sources from which we collect it:
- We do not collect any nonpublic personal information about you other than the following:
- Information we receive from you, or from your attorney, or other representatives on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates and/or our agents.
- Information about you from individuals and companies other than those proposed for coverage.
II. Information we disclose to third parties:
- In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described:
- To a third party such as a surveying, real estate tax research or municipal data firm if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us;
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this company, or the entity to whom we disclose the information, to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities;
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
The disclosures described above are permitted by law.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH AFFILIATES OR NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
III. Our practice regarding information confidentiality and security:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
IV. International Transfers:
We may share your personal data within our company, and between its family of companies that share common ownership, within the Florida Agency Network. This would entail transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
If we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.